The following points - Java Features given below are simple and easy to understand.
- Simple (bcaz it similar to C language)
- Object-Oriented (Java is Object oriented language)
- Platform independent (bcaz of JVM)
- Highly Secured (Bcaz of OOPs)
- Robust (bcaz of JIT & JVM )
- Architecture neutral (Bcaz of flexible frameworks)
- Portable (bcaz of Unicode systems)
- Interpreted (JVM)
- High Performance
It is simple because of the following factors:
- It is free from pointer due to this execution time of application is improve. [whenever we write a Java program without pointers then internally it is converted into the equivalent pointer program].
- It have Rich set of API (application protocol interface).
- It have Garbage Collector which is always used to collect un-Referenced (unused) Memory location for improving performance of a Java program.
- It contains user friendly syntax for developing any applications.
2. Platform Independent
A program or technology is said to be platform independent if and only if which can run on all available operating systems with respect to its development and compilation. (Platform represents O.S).
3. Architectural Neutral
Architecture represents processor.
A Language or Technology is said to be Architectural neutral which can run on any available processors in the real world without considering there architecture and vendor (providers) irrespect to its development and compilation.
The languages like C, CPP are treated as architectural dependent.
If any language supports platform independent and architectural neutral feature known as portable. The languages like C, CPP, Pascal are treated as non-portable language. It is a portable language.
According to SUN microsystem.
According to SUN microsystem.
A flow of control is known as thread. When any Language execute multiple thread at a time that language is known as multithreaded Language. It is multithreaded Language.
Using this language we can create distributed applicationn. RMI and EJB are used for creating distributed applications. In distributed application multiple client system are depends on multiple server systems so that even problem occurred in one server will never be reflected on any client system.
Note: In this architecture same application is distributed in multiple server system.
It is mainly design for web based applications, J2EE is used for developing network based applications.
Simply means of Robust is strong. It is robust or strong Programming Language because of its capability to handle Run-time Error, automatic garbage collection, lack of pointer concept, Exception Handling. All these points makes It robust Language.
It support Dynamic memory allocation due to this memory wastage is reduce and improve performance of application. The process of allocating the memory space to the input of the program at a run-time is known as dynamic memory allocation, To programming to allocate memory space by dynamically we use an operator called 'new' 'new' operator is known as dynamic memory allocation operator.
It is more secured language compare to other language; In this language all code is covered into byte code after compilation which is not readable by human.
11. High performance
It have high performance because of following reasons;
- This language uses Bytecode which is more faster than ordinary pointer code so Performance of this language is high.
- Garbage collector, collect the unused memory space and improve the performance of application.
- It have no pointers so that using this language we can develop an application very easily.
- It support multithreading, because of this time consuming process can be reduced to execute the program.
It is one of the highly interpreted programming languages.
13. Object Oriented
It supports OOP's concepts because of this it is most secure language, for this topic you can read our oop's concepts in detail.